Thursday, September 17, 2015

Falling

I walked away. I fell hard on the road, and learned how to pick myself up again. I bandaged my scrapes with college ruled gauze, and learned how to keep on walking. Sunshine and moonshine, dirt and grass, I learned fast how be the love I needed. Hello, Goodbye, and everything between blurred together on blood-soaked pages, and once walking was just too much to bear, I crawled. Starving. Exhausted. Blood-soaked and ink stained. Striving on in the hope of discovering something. Anything. Driven by an immense, vast, force, towards… what? Darkness? The comfort of the unknown? Once upon a dusty dream, we ruined ourselves with smoke and alcohol and lust. Now we drag ourselves on. Because on is the only way to go. Because I’ve learned nothing if not how to say goodbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment