Sunday, November 23, 2014

From A Scrapbook



Once upon a summer, I sat with you in the dark, and you told me about the photographs in your mind. They were immobilised there from long ago, moments frozen in time, and one of the faces held in your mind just happened to have been mine. Years have passed, and tears have passed, and friends have come and gone, but remembering you, remembering me, sometimes keeps me keeping on.

So the other day, when the world turned grey, and I felt so very alone, I looked through my mental photographs of you. Frozen in time were our voices, floating into the night; frozen was the friendship, in the firelight. We sat around the campfire, and sang all of our songs, drinking, laughing and smoking…I don't even know how long. I sang my soul into the night, and stared up at the stars, and took a mental photograph and wondered, if anything was ever really wrong.
And finally, I think I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment